Crossfire 0.95.1 Announcement
Crossfire 0.95.1 has been released. This version is mainly bugfixes - if you are running 0.95.0, you really should upgrade to 0.95.1. If you are running a 0.94.3 (last version to have X11 support in the server), the upgrade could be more in doubt. However, some major improvements in reliability have been made since 0.95.0, so if you were using that as a basis not to upgrade, it may no longer be quite as good a measurement.
A 0.95.1 version of the client is also released. This could just as easily be a 0.94.5 release, since no big changes were made, but I think it makes things simpler to keep the versions in sync. No changes to the client/server protocol were made, so old clients should work with this latest server version, and this new client should also work OK with older servers.
Enclosed at the end of this message is a more detailed copy of the change
There are three new releases - maps, server, and client. The maps and server are also available in bzip2 format (client is small enough that making a seperate bz2 archive did not seem to make much sense.)
sums (bsd) filename
- 23659 188 client-0.95.1.tgz
- 26118 2039 crossfire-0.95.1-maps.tar.bz2
- 56226 2958 crossfire-0.95.1-maps.tar.gz
- 23175 1612 crossfire-0.95.1.tar.bz2
- 10168 1882 crossfire-0.95.1.tar.gz
- 9aa1ea3e196a4ec96bff80d7effc85f3 client-0.95.1.tgz
- 82c2cdb6092623fda97ae85dd8433c72 crossfire-0.95.1-maps.tar.bz2
- 5d5937c64687895fb0902e9ae6edc8f0 crossfire-0.95.1-maps.tar.gz
- 04c366b98adaddc072c4482737aa62b6 crossfire-0.95.1.tar.bz2
- 5450a1ce213c909e09a14cef0b544e51 crossfire-0.95.1.tar.gz
client-0.95.1.tgz is the client distribution.
crossfire-0.95.1.tar. contains the server code.
There is no arch release for this version - the only changes to the arch is
making "facings 4" in arch/player/pl_half_orc.arc" and
"facings 2" in arch/player/quetzalcoatl.arc.
crossfire-0.95.0-maps.tgz contains the maps. The main change is the upgrade of the pulplan maps.
FOR FIRST TIME USERS: You will only need the appropriate server, map and client file. You do not need the arch file. If you just want to play the game at some remote server and have no interesting in compiling it, you may then want to get the doc file (you will need an older version).
Crossfire is avaible on the following ftp sites
- ftp.pyramid.com:/pub/crossfire (126.96.36.199)
- ftp.ifi.uio.no:/pub/crossfire (188.8.131.52)
- ftp.real-time.com/pub/games/crossfire (184.108.40.206)
- yoyo.cc.monash.edu.au:/pub/crossfire (220.127.116.11)
- ftp.sunet.se:/pub/unix/games/crossfire (18.104.22.168)
- adams.humbug.org.au:/pub/crossfire (22.214.171.124) - Australian users only please.
I uploaded this version to just ftp.pyramid.com - it should be on the other ftp sites in a short time.