Crossfire 1.9.0 Announcement
Crossfire 1.9.0 has been released.
There are lots of more minor changes. List of more major changes:
- Addition of discrete movement types.
- Addition of transportation objects.
- Server will send spell information to the client so client can present it nicely to player (requires v1.9.0 of client)
- Player stealing from other players can now be disabled by option in settings file.
- Crossedit updates.
- Additional newpickup modes.
- New plugin interface.
Add shop specialization - all the shops won't give the same prices - shops now vary prices based on what they normally deal with (requires 1.9.0 maps)
Client 1.9.0 Changes:
Improvements to the gtk-v2 client:
- Add keybinding interface window.
- Add spell selection window.
- Allow the metaserver selection list to be stored on the different rows.
- Fix for opengl mode that should make it work on more displays.
Improvements to the gtk-v1 client:
- Clean up some of the less commonly used gtk-v1 client options, either removing them or making them always on.
- Add spell selection dialogue window.
- Support for new newpickup modes.
- Add support for client to request/receive spell information from server.
- Fix some display issues.
- Add full automake support for client.
Files released for this version:
sums (bsd) filename
41309 2764 crossfire-1.9.0.arch.tar.gz
25283 3142 crossfire-1.9.0.maps.tar.bz
28330 4573 crossfire-1.9.0.maps.tar.gz
16456 5193 crossfire-1.9.0.tar.gz
48352 719 crossfire-client-1.9.0.tar.gz
(Note - only the maps have a bzip2 compressed archives. For the other files, there isn't a big enough difference in size to make it worth while IMO)
crossfire-1.9.0.tar.gz contains the server code with prebuilt archetype and image files.
crossfire-client-1.9.0.tar.gz contains the client code - if you only want to play, this is the only piece you need.
crossfire-1.9.0.arch.tar.gz contains the unpacked archetype changes. This is not needed if you only want to compile the server and play the game.
crossfire-1.9.0.maps.tar.gz contains the map distribution - this is the bigworld map. New maps have been added, as well as verious fixes.
FOR FIRST TIME USERS: You will only need the server, map, and client archives. You do not need the arch archive.
If you just want to play the game at some remote server, you need the client and perhaps the image archive file (older image file is still good enough).
Crossfire is available on the following ftp sites
The initial upload of this release is only made to sourceforge - it should show up on the mirrors shortly.
February 25, 2005