Real Time Crossfire Mailing List Archive

Re: CF: Sliding animation instead of jerking animation

[Peter Mardahl]

>   > Also consider making it possible to move less than one square at
>   > the time, or at least do sliding animations (may be relegated as
>   > a client issue).
>
>   Wow, this is a great idea.  The game would seem MUCH smoother.
>   I hope someone can take up this idea of Kjetil's and incorporate
>   it into the client.

Thinking a bit more about it, it is probably unworkable to do smooth
animation of moving monsters without changes in the protocol (the
client needs to know how quickly to move the object from one square to
the next).  But scrolling the view area smoothly will still be an
improvement.  Especially if we move to larger bitmaps.

Kjetil T.
-
by sending an email stating your wishes to ]