Why the new Website?
- The new site has better file path structure. Take for instance the Mailing List page - which is easier to remember? http://crossfire.real- time.com/Website_Index/mailing_lists.html _or_ http://crossfire.real-time.com/mailinglists/ ?
- Page weight, aka file size. The average page size on the current site is around 50kb while the new site is 30kb. How? The new site is using CSS (Cascading Style Sheets) instead of nested tables and heavy graphics.
- Thanks to CSS, the site also loads faster.
- Easy to update and maintain content - no more dredging through complex nested tables.
- Easier capability of tweaking look & feel and layout of the site through one Style Sheet file instead of 300+ pages of HTML via 4 templates.
- This layout has been around for over a year, it's time for an update and improvement.
- I had nothing better to do during the last 4 months! j/k ;)