Real Time Crossfire Mailing List Archive

Re: CF: a couple questions

On Wed, Jun 09, 1999 at 10:27:31PM +0000, Sean McInerney wrote:

> side) of my crossfire display scrollable.  For example when I apply
> the inventory of a shop, it shows all of it and ends.  I used to be
> able to scroll through, with something like press a key to see next
> screen full, and see all the items that way.  As it is, I only see
> the last screen of items, and am missing a lot of things.  Is there
> a flag somewhere I need to set for this?

AFAIK: no. The same applies to things like "'cast a" which used to
display all spells starting with "a"; this doesn´t work anymore as
well. This is a bug, although it's probably called an optimization.

> type in the box, or can't type in any box at all.  I will have the cursor in
> the appropriate box and have the correct window highlighted (trust me here)
> and my typing will print to the shell I ran crossedit from.  I see no reason
> why it would be doing this.

Hm... I never had this problem with crossedit, but I had it with crossfire
every now and then. The solution was to select another window (an xterm,
for example) and then select the crossfire window again. Did you try this?

The problem might be window-manager related --- did yo try another window
manager to see if the problem goes away?

Christian
-
by sending an email stating your wishes to ]