Crossfire is an open source, cooperative multiplayer graphical RPG and adventure game. Since its initial release, Crossfire has grown to encompass over 150 monsters, about 3000 maps to explore, an elaborate magic system, 13 races, 15 character classes, a system of skills, and many artifacts and treasures. Crossfire is based in a medieval fantasy world and is similar to other games of this genre.
Announcements, Updates & Changes:
Crossfire Website News:
Feb 2, 2020
- StatSVN update for Archetypes, GTK Client, JX Client, Maps, Server and Project
- ChangeLog update for Archetypes, GTK Client, JX Client, Maps, Server and Project
- Doxygen update for GTK Client, JX Client and Server
Crossfire Wiki News:
Feb 3, 2020
- For other user visible updates and changes to Crossfire, visit the Crossfire Traffic page on the Wiki
- Updates for the Crossfire Wiki are also shown on the Recent Changes page
- Minor pixel clean up and color tweaks to east west river bridge (river/bridge_37.base.111.png)
- Snapshot release - Improvements for scripting
- Cosmetic changes to Barracks (scorn/houses/barracks) to add more visual space on the map perimeter, and changed the floor from dirt to cobblestone. Update Scorn world map (world/world_105_115) for entrance coordinate changes to Barracks.
- Cosmetic changes to Mess Hall (scorn/houses/messhall) to add more visual space on the map perimeter, and changed the floor from dirt to cobblestone. Update Scorn world map (world/world_105_115) for entrance coordinate changes to Mess Hall.
- New map, Lake Country Bank (lake_country/shops/lc-bank) in Lake Country. World map (world/world_109_126) for the bank map.
Crossfire Atlas News:
December 30, 2019
- Numerous map image updates
- Page content updates
- New pages
Latest File Releases:
Select a client based on the OS that you wish to use while playing Crossfire, REQUIRED
|GTK-v2 Client, Linux||1.74.0||2019-Dec-25||Download GTK-v2 SHA 256|
|GTK Client, Windows||1.72.0||2017-Aug-15||Download|
- For a complete list of available clients, visit the clients page.
- For those who are looking to host their own server, visit the server page.
- For those looking to create new or modify existing maps, visit the map editor page.
Mailing List Archives & Information:
- Crossfire Announcement List:
- Crossfire CVS List:
- Crossfire Discussion List:
- Crossfire Maps Discussion List:
- Visit the Crossfire Board for questions, comments and discussion.
- Visit the Crossfire Wiki for documentation
- Character creation info and other walkthroughs
- View the Level Experience table