Available Map Editors for Crossfire
The Java Editor (CF Java Editor) succeeded CF Edit; CF Java Editor has been replaced by Gridarta.
- Gridarta - This is the currently supported and developed map editor
Gridarta for Crossfire is an open source (GPL) Map Editor. To use it, you need to install a Java Runtime-Environment.
- Installation of the required Java Runtime-Environment (JRE) is now maintained on the Crossfire Wiki; installation HOWTO information found on the website is for archive & historical purposes only
- Java Editor - Support and development for this map editor has been discontinued
The Crossfire Java Map Editor runs on any operating system (Windows, Unix, Linux and MacOS) To use it, you need to install a Java Runtime-Environment.
- Crossedit - Support and development for this map editor has been discontinued
Crossedit is the (original) map editor for Crossfire. You will need UNIX, X window system release 5 with Athena Widget Set and an ANSI C compiler to compile this program.
ATTENTION Windows Users:
- Note1: You'll need Winzip, ZipGenius, UltimateZip or equivalent to unzip the files.
- Note2: Make SURE that this tool will NOT convert Unix newline to Windows, else it will NOT work.