Crossfire is an open source, cooperative multiplayer graphical RPG and adventure game. Since its initial release, Crossfire has grown to encompass over 150 monsters, about 3000 maps to explore, an elaborate magic system, 13 races, 15 character classes, a system of skills, and many artifacts and treasures. Crossfire is based in a medieval fantasy world and is similar to other games of this genre.
Announcements, Updates & Changes:
Crossfire Website News:
January 25, 2023
- Crossfire (along with other games) will be at 2023 Con of the North for those attending the convention as a scheduled event and also part of opening gaming - stop on by!
Crossfire Wiki News:
January 20, 2023
- For other user visible updates and changes to Crossfire, visit the Crossfire Traffic page on the Wiki
- Updates for the Crossfire Wiki are also shown on the Recent Changes page
- Change to the drop change and items found for slain goblinoids - more body parts now available
- Remove unused color palette items from the steak images
- Add simple recipes for new healing potions
- New graphic for Imp demon
- Spelling corrections
- The message control and suppression dialog UI elements no longer overlap
- Large ships in Scorn harbor can reach the ocean
- Hintson's dialog spelling fix (Goth's tavern)
- Map layout changes and made the Pixie room harder to find in Wolfsburg map, Slave Pit 2
- Fix minor error that would result in a few extra silver coins on some item sales
Crossfire Atlas News:
August 11, 2022
- New page, Map Reset Groups
- Instead of a multiple level map resetting at various times based on activity, the entire map set will reset at the same time when left idle for (typically) 2-hours
- This should reduce the times where, for instance, a player is on level 3 of a map and gets trapped there because level 2 has reset and now doors are locked or closed, etc.
- Updated map images
Latest Client File Releases:
Select a client based on the OS that you wish to use while playing Crossfire, REQUIRED
|GTK-v2 Client, Linux||1.75.1||2021-Aug-19||Download||
|GTK Client, Windows||snapshot||2023-Jan-19||Download||
- For a complete list of available clients, visit the clients page.
- For those who are looking to host their own server, visit the server page.
- For those looking to create new or modify existing maps, visit the map editor page.
Mailing List Archives & Information:
- Crossfire Announcement List:
- Crossfire CVS List:
- Crossfire Discussion List:
- Crossfire Maps Discussion List:
- Visit the Crossfire Board for questions, comments and discussion.
- Visit the Crossfire Wiki for documentation
- Character creation info and other walkthroughs
- View the Level Experience table
- Online channels for tech support, development discussion, game help & hints, and other ideas via IRC or Discord