Crossfire is an open source, cooperative multiplayer graphical RPG and adventure game. Since its initial release, Crossfire has grown to encompass over 150 monsters, about 3000 maps to explore, an elaborate magic system, 13 races, 15 character classes, a system of skills, and many artifacts and treasures. Crossfire is based in a medieval fantasy world and is similar to other games of this genre.
Announcements, Updates & Changes:
Crossfire Website News:
Nov 1, 2023
- GitStats update for Archetypes, Maps, and Server
- GitLog update for Archetypes, Maps, and Server
- Doxygen update for Server
Crossfire Wiki News:
Nov 10, 2023
- For other user visible updates and changes to Crossfire, visit the Crossfire Traffic page on the Wiki
- Updates for the Crossfire Wiki are also shown on the Recent Changes page
- New wall segment: flagstone_win0 - Flagstone wall now has a vertical wall segment with a window
- Minor grammar update to NPC dialogue in Goblin Fortress Dungeon, Level 2
- Minor grammar update to NPC dialogue in Grumm's Inn
- Spelling correction (covenent → covenant) to NPC dialogue in Grumm's Inn
- Replace reference to God with references to Gaia to NPC dialogue in Grumm's Inn
- Minor grammar update to NPC dialogue in Marksel Keep
- Minor spelling update (rath → wrath) to NPC dialogue in Minatomachi Ichidou Dzuki Ruggilli, Entrance
- Another minor spelling update (rath → wrath) to NPC dialogue in Minatomachi Ichidou Dzuki Ruggilli, Entrance
Crossfire Atlas News:
Oct 12, 2023
- Content updates:
- All map image files updated
Latest Client File Releases:
Select a client based on the OS that you wish to use while playing Crossfire, REQUIRED
|GTK-v2 Client, Linux||1.75.1||2021-Aug-19||Download||
|GTK Client, Windows||snapshot||2023-July-21||
- For a complete list of available clients, visit the clients page.
- For those who are looking to host their own server, visit the server page.
- For those looking to create new or modify existing maps, visit the map editor page.
Mailing List Archives & Information:
- Crossfire Announcement List:
- Crossfire CVS List:
- Crossfire Discussion List:
- Crossfire Maps Discussion List:
- Visit the Crossfire Board for questions, comments and discussion.
- Visit the Crossfire Wiki for documentation
- Character creation info and other walkthroughs
- View the Level Experience table
- Online channels for tech support, development discussion, game help & hints, and other ideas via IRC or Discord