Crossfire 0.94.1 Announcement
Version 0.94.1 contains mostly bugfixes. There are still some outstanding bugs, but this version fixes most of the ones that have been reported.
Enclosed at the end of this message is a copy of the changes made.
There are six separate tar archives in the Crossfire 0.94.1 distribution:
sums (bsd) filename
- 24839 44 crossfire-0.94.0-0.94.1.diff.gz
- 44480 910 crossfire-0.94.1.arch.tar.gz
- 12117 90 crossfire-0.94.1.client.tar.gz
- 08618 842 crossfire-0.94.1.doc.tar.gz
- 12675 2981 crossfire-0.94.1.maps.tar.gz
- 48405 2393 crossfire-0.94.1.tar.gz
- 75eb3c98856276912fc1c9661a4d32cc crossfire-0.94.0-0.94.1.diff.gz
- 50b5c08a4d1a463288721fdaeaa3aea9 crossfire-0.94.1-README
- cdc8f36b843c1eb6aebff80cca8de019 crossfire-0.94.1.arch.tar.gz
- 50135bb1a3327e57ed1f215031ead84a crossfire-0.94.1.client.tar.gz
- 7839183827ffe7f28bbd7caad5d8e27a crossfire-0.94.1.doc.tar.gz
- bb6b13076b35ff194d4b5ef84c223356 crossfire-0.94.1.maps.tar.gz
- 92f61cbf0f249ec94718aac0abe5f6f6 crossfire-0.94.1.tar.gz
crossfire-0.94.1.tar.gz contains the actual program code. See the CHANGES file in this archive for everything that has changed. It also contains pre-made archetypes and image files (along with postscript spoiler and handbook), so that the crossfire-0.94.1.arch.tar.gz file is not needed.
crossfire-0.94.1.arch.tar.gz contains the unpacked archetype (arch) directory. This file is not needed if you just want to compile the games and play. The contents of this archive is used to create the archetypes, bmaps, font, and X PixMap (XPM) files. You only need it if you want to add new archetypes, mess around with the existing ones, or recreate some files. You also need this if you want to create the images for the html versions of the playbook and handbook, but read the notes about the doc archive below.
crossfire-0.94.1.doc.tar.gz: This contains all the preformatted documentation from the doc directory (really, everything there is.) What you get is postscript versions of the spoiler and handbook, along with html versions WITH all images premade (this is the only archive that has the GIF images premade). What you don't get is the source code for the latex spoiler and handbook. If you just play the game but would like full documentation, this is the archive to get. Everything in here can be recreated if with tar and arch archives.
crossfire-0.94.1.maps.tar.gz contains all the maps. A few maps fixed up.
crossfire-0.94.1.client.tar.gz: Contains the new client (tcp/ip). Mostly minor enhancements for this release.
crossfire-0.94.0-0.94.1.diff.gz: Contains a source code level diff to bring 0.94.0 up to 0.94.1. This does not include the new archetypes or maps - however, the number of changes in those distributions for this release probably makes it such that you can skip them for the time being.
FOR FIRST TIME USERS: You will need the crossfire-0.94.1.tar.gz and crossfire-0.94.1.maps.tar.gz file. You do not need the crossfire-0.94.1.arch.tar.gz file. If you just want to play the game at some remote server and have no interesting in compiling it, you may then want to get the crossfire-0.94.1.doc.tar.gz file and crossfire-0.94.1.client.tar.gz (for new servers)
There are no changes to the sound file - you can get the older version if needed.
Crossfire is avaible on the following ftp sites
- ftp.pyramid.com:/pub/crossfire (18.104.22.168)
- ftp.ifi.uio.no:/pub/crossfire (22.214.171.124)
- ftp.real-time.com/pub/games/crossfire (126.96.36.199)
- yoyo.cc.monash.edu.au:/pub/crossfire (188.8.131.52)
- ftp.sunet.se:/pub/unix/games/crossfire (184.108.40.206)
I uploaded this version to just ftp.pyramid.com - it should be on the other ftp sites in a short time.